I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Winter is Here!

The first "real" snowfall of the season finally came this weekend. 

It was exciting for a number of reasons: 
1) As it fell softly, shimmering and glittering in the moonlight; 
2) I got to break out my snow shovel, which I had bought last year but had yet to use;
3) The fresh snow crunched under my boots to and from Saturday morning's trip to Trader Joe's;

and more...

The main thing was that I got out and enjoyed it. Call me crazy, but shoveling the driveway was actually fun - probably because it was still the light and fluffy snow. And, while my face felt like it might freeze right off, my run on Saturday morning with my sister was invigorating and surprisingly enjoyable.

It's cold, that's true. But the snow in all its white purity is making it bearable and better. Winter feels like it's finally here!

our driveway, post-shoveling

the lakefront path with the skyline in the distance

No comments:

Post a Comment