I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Monday, February 25, 2013

WRAD Blog Challenge Week 3

WRAD Blog Challenge continues with Week 3's Challenge:


Week 3: February 24 - March 2
A Snapshot of My Reading Life
Post a photo that gives readers a glimpse into your reading life. This could be your favorite place to read, your bookshelf, your library, a classroom, a book from childhood that you still re-read today, your favorite person to read with. Anything that brings joy to your reading life will work!
Below the photo share a short narrative explaining why this picture is meaningful to you.


So, I kind of stretched the "rules" this week...and I made a collage of some books/shelves/etc. that represent a small glimpse of my reading life. (One picture just can't capture it all!)

These pictures are meaningful to me because they show how much I value my classroom libraries. It also shows how incredibly excited I get when I meet authors like Christopher Paul Curtis. The picture on the bottom right is quite accurate in describing how I choose to spend my money. And there are also pictures of some books I have either recently read and loved or ones I plan to read soon.

(I guess I really stretched the rules, as my description isn't a narrative either. Oops.)

1 comment:

  1. i recognize that bag ;)

    also- love that you have all of the sharon creech books on there- that's definitely you!

    ReplyDelete