I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Beauty Within

This Lenten season has barely begun, and already I have immersed myself in the Word of God. (This has mostly been done in preparation for retreat next weekend and for a Lenten "Living the Eucharist" small group  of which I am a part.)

However, I also decided to revisit one of my all-time favorite poems - it is not linked to Scripture, but it speaks of beauty from within. I used to have another (shorter) version of this poem memorized, and I think it's about time to re-commit it to memory. Since re-reading and studying it again, I have found when I ponder these words throughout the day, my outlook really does change!


And imagine my delight when I came across a version of this poem read by Audrey Hepburn on YouTube (see below). What an extra treat! Enjoy...


And so, as Lent continues, I will try to challenge myself to live by these words each day. And, in doing so, I pray to grow in inner beauty and in love, creating a clean heart in preparation for the most holy season of Easter...

No comments:

Post a Comment