I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Monday, February 18, 2013

WRAD Blog Challenge Week 2

And so begins Week 2 of the WRAD Blog Challenge! (from Lit World) -->


Week 2: February 17 - February 23
Now & Then
Answer the following questions twice. The first time, answer how you would have when you were 10 years old (or any age from elementary school that you remember clearly) and the second time, answer in the present.
1. I think everyone in the world should read...
When I was 10:
Now:
(repeat this format for the remaining questions)
2. If I could listen to anyone in the world read aloud to me it would be...
3. When I read aloud, my favorite character to impersonate is...
4. The genre that takes up the most room on my bookshelf (or e-reader) is...
5. The last book I wish I’d written or inspired me to write my own story is...

Here I go...
1. When I was 10, I thought everyone in the world should read Matilda (by Roald Dahl) - at that point, I had already read it a few times, and I thought it was the best book of all time.

I think everyone in the world should read Tuck Everlasting (by Natalie Babbitt) and The Time Keeper (by Mitch Albom), both of which deal with the idea of time and question the idea of immortality (or, unlimited time - What if you could live forever?) To quote The Time Keeper, "There is a reason God limits our days...to make each one precious." Both of these books provide incredible insight to these tender topics.


2. When I was 10, if I could listen to anyone in the world read aloud to me it would have been my mom. :)

If I could listen to anyone in the world read aloud to me it would be Julie Andrews - her voice is so calm and peaceful. She seems to be full of life and creativity.


3. When I was 10, when I read aloud, my favorite characters to impersonate were the children in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (because of their accents). 

When I read aloud, my favorite character to impersonate is Turtle (from Turtle in Paradise) because of her quirky humor and somewhat southern accent.


4. When I was 10, the genre that took up the most room on my bookshelf was mysteries (Nancy Drew Boxcar Children books).

The genres that takes up the most room on my bookshelf (and e-reader) are religious books and realistic fiction. (I also own more and more children's books, but that's another story...)


5. When I was 10, the book I wish I'd written or inspired me to write my own story was (probably) Ramona the Brave.

The last book I wish I'd written or inspired me to write my own story/poem is Kindred Souls (by Patricia MacLachlan).


Wow, that was a little harder than I expected...but so much fun to reflect!

2 comments: