I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Where to Look for God

"I have loved you late in life, O Beauty, ever ancient and ever new, I have loved you late in life. You were right inside of me, and I was outside looking all around for you...And I was not with you. Those things which were nothing kept me far from you. You called, you cried, and you broke my deafness apart. You shone forth, you enlightened, and you shattered my blindness."

-St. Augustine, The Confessions


I came across this quote today in my daily Living the Eucharist booklet, and it sounded so familiar. And that's when it hit me - the song "Alive Again" by Matt Maher (which, coincidentally, I chose to include as my song on the YAC retreat CD) is based on it.

I knew I liked that song - beautiful sentiment in the idea that we oftentimes look for God in other places and forget at times to turn inward to see God's grace at work within ourselves. And still, God is calling us every day - at each moment - to follow Him. He is already there, waiting for us to answer His call.

And here's an inspirational thought for today about being hungry for worship --> Max Lucado daily email

Have a beautiful night!

---

On a completely unrelated note, a number of my students went to see the play "Bud Not Buddy" (based on the book by Christopher Paul Curtis) last weekend, and one student brought me a signed program today - she said it was because she knew how much I love the book. How cute was that!

No comments:

Post a Comment