I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Rather Be

When the traffic just stinks and you're still in the car -
And the cars are all moving...but not very far -
When you'd rather be drinking at the local bar -

(just kidding about that last one...)

Then you best make a wish on the next evening star
Because, frankly, my friend, you are stuck where you are!

Honestly, it's days like today that remind me why I try to leave school no later than about 4:45 (even if that means taking work home) - traffic is brutal. But what can you do about it?

Well, you could bi*** and moan (and honk the horn) like quite a few people I encountered on the way home, but I prefer other options (texting while driving not being one of them!)...

1) Crank up that music nice and loud...and sing along!
2) Listen to the news - NPR usually has a few gems.
3) People watch - there are always a few crazies or people in a hurry. (I don't make fun of them, but it can be amusing, and I wonder if I ever look that ridiculous. Mmm...I'm guessing yes...)
4) Make mental notes about how you really need to clean your car - face it, the rain probably won't come...until you clean your car. (Isn't that Murphy's Law or something?)
5) PRAY (one of my go-to's - amazing how the stress melts away...)
6) Think about all of the food you could have for dinner...preferably without much effort and/or cooking...maybe even with no cooking...mmm...

...And #7...wait for it...wait for it...

Think about the AMAZING parking space right in front of the apartment - ok, so usually that's just a dream, but tonight (for me) it was a reality. Amen, amen! Boy, I needed that.

P.S. About those cookies - they were phenomenal - let's be honest. I might have had 2 tonight - and I likely would have had the other 2 had my roommate not been home to save me from eating them (by eating the cookies herself). Yum...


You too can make these relatively easy cookies -->  http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/beer-and-pretzel-chocolate-chip-cookies/f918150c-1df7-4ee0-a900-ad10deba4b34

No comments:

Post a Comment