I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Nature-ally...

I believe that most times it is wise to listen to our mothers. They've often "been there, done that", or, at least, they have had friends who have (or whose children have). They kind of know what's going on...as much as we, their children, usually hesitate to admit it.

That aside, this post isn't really about honoring mothers on Mothers' Day. (Although, don't get me wrong, mothers definitely need to be celebrated!)

No, this post is in a round-about way connected to my mother and an email link she forwarded me multiple times - it was from the National Wildlife Federation, and it was a photo contest about nature. (I don't know if she actually thought I follow through with what the email was asking or not, but I did.)

So, this afternoon (when I should have really been working on writing lessons and compiling problems for a math test for the upcoming school weeks) I put up the whopping $20 and entered 10 photos into the contest.

I then proceeded to email my family and put the link on Facebook and my Gmail status.

And, then, as you might guess, I decided to share the link with you here: http://www.nwf.org/PhotoContest/PhotoContestHome.aspx?perma=kfoyle11@gmail.com
(Apparently, you have to make an account - but think how easy it will then be to quickly sign in and vote the next time...)

You can vote for photos like this one!

Please vote...daily, if you can. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment