I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Monday, May 14, 2012

A Good Cleaning...and a Reminder...

What started out as a normal laundry day on Saturday quickly spiraled into an organization marathon - first clothes (after putting them through the washer and dryer, of course) and then books, boxes, shoes, etc. It was actually quite fun - almost Mary Poppins-esque, as I folded and sorted here and then, all the while watching a series of movies of varying genres (Oklahoma!, Harry Potter #4, and, finally, Pride and Prejudice).

And this was after much of the organization!

What else is a girl to do when her roommates are out of town?

My spring and summer attire replaced their winter counterparts on my shelves and in my clothing crates (slash makeshift dressers). Old papers were recycled, and handmade cards brought back fond memories (and found new homes among other papers and files). Books found new places on shelves.

Heck, I even sorted out my summer books. (See below - well, there are some on my Nook as well.)

Great mix of recreational reading, young adult books, and interesting new reads...

Phew! What an exhausting (but necessary) day. Because, let's face it, sometimes things just need a good cleaning and organizing.

Honestly, I feel so much better. :)

My floor is now visible again. Things are as they should be. All's well. Amen.

P.S. Don't forget to sign up and vote (daily, if you're able) for my photos on the National Wildlife Federation website - the vote count just restarted for the week: http://www.nwf.org/PhotoContest/PhotoContestHome.aspx?perma=kfoyle11@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment