I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Monday, May 21, 2012

Just a Day in the Life...with a twist...

I feel like mixing things up here - gotta keep trying to think outside of the box and all, right? Well, let me relay you my day in a (cryptic) txt msg convo.

*Note - this conversation did not really occur, but, if it had, it would have gone on something like what you will read below. However, it is also important to note that I 99.9% of the time spell out my words, include capital letters, and rarely use emoticons, but, for an added bit of humor (if you find such things humorous), I decided to use abbrevs. (which, by the way, my sister knows I LOVE...j/k)

Here goes:

First thing this morning...

Me: No shower. Car in tow zone. Need coffee. Panera sounds good.
(Imaginary) Friend - hereby noted as "IF": Jealous :P No school?
Me: Inservice. :P
IF: Well, have fun!!
Me: Thx. g2g!

Later on...

Me: So frustrated. Hate schedules. Must be better way.
IF: How far'd you get?
Me: Specials. Don't know when school day starts yet. Not doing darn thing twice. Gave up.
IF: Sounds fun.
Me: A blast. :P
IF: Have a good afternoon - don't work 2 hard.
Me: Thx

Even later on...

Me: Feeling better after run. Windy, tho!
IF: Nice day. Good for u.
Me: Ate 2 much pasta for dinner, tho. Bleh.
IF: There are worse things.
Me: Fact. Thx.

At present moment...

Me: Can't chat now. Time to post on blog. C-ya later.
IF: True story. Call me some time - we can catch up. Night!
Me: Ok. Bye! :D


And there you have it. My day in *imagined* (would be eerily close to true) text messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment