I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Human Touch

Never underestimate the power of human touch.

Today, on my "rounds" for Ministry of Care, I entered into the Lord's Prayer with one woman. As we started to pray, she instinctively grabbed my hand.

As no one had ever done that before during MOC, I was taken aback. But, as she said, don't people do that? Aren't we supposed to hold hands when we pray that prayer?

Yes. Yes we are.

So, we did.

And there was something powerful in that simple touch. I did not know the woman, nor will I likely ever meet her again...but I felt connected with her in that moment.

For me, that small action summed up how we should feel every week at Mass after receiving the Body of Christ - we are one in the Church, after all.

It's moments like the one I had today (and there were actually a few more moments, including a few "your timing was perfect," that happened today) that make me realize how truly blessed I am, not only to be involved with Ministry of Care but also to have the current opportunities and family/friends I have in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment