I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Friday, August 26, 2011

Welcome!

Today was officially the first day back - not that we had class or anything, but it was Open House for students and families. (And, of course, everyone had to check out the new building.) From about 9 until right before 11, we had a pretty consistent flow of families in and out of our classroom.

I was happy to finally begin putting names with faces (and personalities). It seems like we have a great group of students, and everyone was all smiles, eager to start school. (We'll see how long that lasts.)

And our school is actually starting to feel like a family to me - Maybe it helped that I kept hearing "Welcome!" more times than I could count, or maybe it was because I have already had a few hugs from the students.

Even the co-teaching came more naturally today. (I think it helps that parents are already familiar with the co-teaching model and all.) It's more challenging than I expected (especially planning-wise), but it's incredible to be working so closely with three other highly motivated, talented, creative, and dedicated teachers. One day at a time...

Now it's on to the weekend. After some errands and grocery shopping, I think I might just reward myself with a nap or good book before heading out to spend an evening in celebration with friends. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment