I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tell Me Where the Days Go

It's hard to believe, but in less than a few hours I can say TGIF.

Meetings, classroom organization, schedule-making, errands - you name it. And then add some more errands on top of that. Good thing there's still a week of in-service left for me...because the lesson planning hasn't even started yet.

The whole co-teaching thing is definitely new and challenging in many aspects. It's really been keeping me in check because I've had to be a lot less impulsive in my decision-making. Yes, it's a bit frustrating at times because it takes 3-5 times as long to do most things than it would if I were teaching by myself. But, on the other hand, I'm getting loads of good ideas, techniques, and checks of accountability.

And the classroom's starting to look pretty good - pictures to be posted soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment