I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Friday, August 5, 2011

Give Me That Toe-Tappin', Song-Singin', Smile Shinin' Music

Do you ever have those songs that come on the radio or your iPod that just bring a smile to your face? (Well, ok, that's probably a rhetorical question.)

I confess that I have a whole slew of songs lined up like that. But most recently, that song that just makes me smile whenever I hear it is "Good Life" by One Republic (video embedded below). I hadn't heard it before the previews for the movie One Day (it's the music in the background) came out. But when I did hear it, I was hooked...and I haven't been able to stop humming along since.

Maybe it's the beat, or perhaps the tune is catchy, or lyrics like "but please tell me what there is to complain about" and "the hope is we have so much to feel good about" might just hit home...

What is it about music that tugs at our heartstrings and begs us to sing along?

And as you ponder this question, enjoy the music (or enjoy some of your own - whatever makes your toes tap the beat and your heart dance). The answer might come when you aren't expecting it.

Good Life - One Republic

By the way, just curious --> What song makes you smile?


...Is your toe tapping yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment