I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Student-led

The best part about having students lead prayer is that I just never know what they will prepare or lead.

Today was no different.

In my second 6th grade class, the students leading prayer were debating among themselves if the video was appropriate for class. "It's a talking vegetable!" one said, while another assured him, "It's just Veggie Tales."

I'm so glad they resolved to show the video.

It's just so cute - I definitely teared up, and we all laughed a little here and there.

And so, I asked my students how they find these videos for prayer...

I google "prayer" videos.

I think of the topic I want to "teach" and then google that. For example, if I want to talk about helping other people.

Sometimes I pick videos I have seen before.

I really is amazing to see some of the stuff they come up with. (It's much better than me leading prayer every day, I can tell you that much.)

It's good to let go...even on small things like daily prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment