I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October - What a Beautiful Month!

Today marks the beginning of October - what a great month!


October 1st is also a special feast day in the Church - it's the feast of St. Therese of Lisieux (the little flower). I had my 8th graders watch a video by Fr. James Martin, SJ at the end of class - I think it's important to expose them to as many great Saints as possible before they choose one to take as their Confirmation name.

Speaking of Confirmation...Call me a Catholic nerd, but I definitely chose to celebrate the occasion, donning my Confirmation earrings (a gift from my Confirmation sponsor) and (almost) matching flower cross (a gift from my parents).


(Yes, Mrs. Hosack, I still have them.)

For me, taking the name of St. Therese has been such a blessing. While I originally took her name in memory of my cousin who passed away very young, I have come to know and embrace this beautiful Saint for helping me grow closer to God. Her idea of doing little things with great love is something I strive to do every day. And, I can't write this post without acknowledging that her autobiography, A Story of a Soul, is one of the most incredible, honest, and life-changing books I've ever had the privilege to read.


Okay, enough gushing in one post, right? I'll leave you tonight with some of Therese's own words:




No comments:

Post a Comment