I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Saturday, October 12, 2013

A Rambling of Inner Thoughts...(in Free Verse)

Stressed? Is that the right word?
Maybe I am...
But it's a long weekend,
So...maybe I'm not?

It's mid-October -
Feeling like a hamster on a wheel,
Going...
Going...
Going...

"When things slow down..."
"When I get caught up..."
"Soon..."
These are phrases I find myself saying
but not following through
Because I can't catch up.

Do we ever catch up?
Probably not.
Can I settle with that?
I better work on it.

There will always be more -
More to do...
More to read...
More to prepare...
More to teach...
More to pray for...
More to experience...
More to get better at...
More to spend time on...
More.
More.
More.

STOP.

Step back.
Breathe.
We're in this for the long haul.
Maybe things aren't "just right" now.
Maybe they'll never be.

If I've learned nothing else,
I've at least learned this -
Relaxation and refueling are important...
Keep going and eventually you will break down.

So, this weekend,
I'm taking time to breathe.
My work is important,
But (more) so are my friends and family.
And my health.

There will always be more to do.
And that's ok.
That's how it should be.
It doesn't have to get done now.

Breathe.
Enjoy the Fall.
Enjoy friends and celebrations.
Read a good book.
Sip that coffee...slowly...

And smile.
Because God is SO good.
Everything will be all right.
Perspective is key.
Life is short.
Savor the moments.
Work hard...at striving for balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment