I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Friday, August 10, 2012

What's the Purpose?

As a self-contained 4th grade teacher, I often come across all kinds of acronyms, anchor charts, and visuals for teaching many subjects and materials.

Here are some examples:

There are acronyms for when to capitalize -


There are visuals for the water cycle -


Some choose to use charts for teaching reading strategies -


Then, there are acronyms for teaching purpose -


And what is purpose? As defined by dictionary.com, it is "the reason for which something exists or is done, made, used, etc."

Well (and sorry for the rather rough transition, here), when I originally started blogging, first during ACE (through LiveJournal) and then post-ACE (through Blogger), my purpose was two-fold:

1) To reflect on my teaching experiences;
2) To reflect on my spirituality journey

As of late (and maybe I should just chalk it up to summer vacation), I seem to have wandered from these two things. And that's something I want to change so that I can refocus on the things that matter and the things that, when looking back on them, will bring smiles, tears, and laughter.

Now, that's not to say I'm not going to include some random/funny/crazy posts from time to time - sometimes the creativity just flows...and then there are those other times when it, well, doesn't...

So here goes nothing. Time to start again - new school year, new reflections.

No comments:

Post a Comment