I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Waking Up

I woke up in darkness
surrounded by silence -
oh where, 
where have I gone?

I woke to reality...

And then the song starts repeating:

I woke up in darkness
surrounded by silence -
oh where, 
where have I gone?

I woke to reality...

Finally, it ends, and I really have woken up in darkness and up to reality. My alarm has gone off, and it is time to roll out of bed.

What a great reminder to start the day, eh? I recently created and downloaded that ring/alarm tone using Matt Maher's song "Alive Again" (whose lyrics you (partially) see above - the rest can be found here) as a reminder to me that even from the second I wake up, I need to offer my day to God. I've also tried to remind myself of this by naming my wake-up alarm "Thank God Today" on my phone so that it appears each morning on the screen.

And so, that's how I begin. Thank you God. Please bless my day.

Then, it's up and at 'em. (Coffee in hand, of course.)

No comments:

Post a Comment