I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Survey Says

Fill in the blank (actual student responses - spelling corrected):

Good teachers...
- are nice and strict.
- Ms. F and Mrs. R
- are ones that are intelligent, helpful, first aid-trained, fun, and nice.
- always give you enough.
- are ones that are organized.

I wish teachers would give us...
- extra recess!!!!
- less homework.
- could check work super fast.
- candy if we do a good thing.
- the answers.
- more time to study.

What are your hobbies outside of school?
- Watching Sportscenter
- tennis, climbing, and taking care of my pets
- Fantasy Football and sports
- building Legos
- swimming, going on Instagram
- drawing, catch, and taking long walks

I LOVE student surveys - the kids are so candid. (It makes me wonder what I wrote/would have written when I was in fourth grade...)

The day itself, I felt, was better than yesterday. And Math was especially productive. We even had a little extra time to learn the "banana dance," a personal brain break favorite.

I even got to see my students from last year - albeit briefly - during lunch duty. (I was outside with my students while they were inside and vice verse.) A few came over and hugged me, and most at least said hi or waved frantically. I miss them a lot - they are a very special group of young people.

A very productive day, indeed. So, I'll be off in just a little bit to treat myself to some trivia with friends at a local establishment right up the street. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment