I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Calm Before the Storm

Two more days until the 2012-2013 school year begins. Well, we won't have students yet, but there will be plenty of meetings to attend, rooms to set up, lessons to plan...

It's certainly been nice these past few days to just relax - I've been mostly on my own, which has been a pretty good way for me to deal with stress because, let's face it, I can't handle a lot of people when I'm stressed. And it's not even that I'm stressed - I don't think I am...yet...but it's kind of like the calm before the storm, and for that, I like to be alone.

And that calm is something I want to have for this Monday and Tuesday too. In fact, my only definite plans are to take my car in for an oil change on Monday afternoon, to run with my sister on Tuesday morning, and to go to an ACE Advocates meeting Tuesday evening. Come to think of it, that's kind of nice to think about - it won't be like that once school starts up, and forget about quite a lot of "me" time when we actually get the students. But that has an appeal all its own - once those kids walk in the door, they're mine.

And that's pretty nice to think about too.

No comments:

Post a Comment