I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Simple Saturday Poetry

In honor of National Poetry Month, I decided to treat you (well, I hope it's a treat!) to some simple haiku about my day. Hope yours was terrific too!

~ - ~ - ~

HAIKUs for a Saturday

Tulips all a-bloom
Up and down Michigan Ave
Such a splendid treat!



Ministry of Care
keeps me busy Saturdays
Blessed - that's how I feel.


School work and laundry -
Getting ready for the week
Spring break's nearly done.


Afternoon flew by -
NCIS marathon,
then dinner with friends.


Soon I'll head to bed -
an early run tomorrow,
Mass, relaxing too


So, tonight be well.
Make sure your Sunday's restful
My haikus now end.

No comments:

Post a Comment