I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Take a Break...

Run away with us for the summer -
Let's go upstate!
We can all go stay with our father...

No, Hamilton is not just on the brain - it was truly an experience and welcomed break to go see it yesterday with some of my friends.



Most of us, myself included, had seen it before, but that didn't dampen or change our spirits. It actually gets better each time. (It helped to have seats on the orchestra level this time...)



Yep, we were that close. Facial expressions were extremely clear and the emotions were real.

And it truly was a break all day for me from the craziness of grad school and teaching - following the play, my sister, her fiancee, and a few other friends joined up with us, and we enjoyed drinks, dinner, and then some games at our friends' condo.

selfie almost worked - except I cut Kim out accidentally...

And this time Patrick wasn't looking...

Ah, finally the waiter helped us out - much better!

It's quite literally impossible to just work, work, work; though, sometimes I feel like I need to. My friends definitely keep me grounded and help me enjoy some time away to breathe, laugh, and enjoy the simple pleasures of this wonderful life.

Yesterday's adventures made today a little bit more bearable, even though I've literally been working on grad school stuff since I got home from the Catholic Schools Week kick-off Mass. This week is going to be crazy - so many events and deadlines both in and out of school - but it's going to all be okay...possibly even wonderful. (Please keep our 8th graders in your prayers this week - they receive the Sacrament of Confirmation on Friday!)

Happy Catholic Schools Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment