I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Friday, January 5, 2018

Finding God in the Uneventful

“The uneventful day is a precious gift.”

This quote has stayed with me long since I turned the final page of Cutting for Stone, a beautiful novel about twin brothers in Africa who grow up to become involved in medicine. It is a simple reminder that we need to treasure each moment, not taking anything or anyone for granted.

As I am on the verge of returning to my "normal" school routine (along with many other teachers across the city and country), I need to make sure I don't get stuck in a rut. Every morning brings potential and hope; each day is a fresh start. And even if nothing significant happened, it's important to recognize just that...


The students did their assigned activities, mostly finishing within the class period...

Traffic was not too bad, but it still took awhile to get home...

The meetings went as planned...

There was nothing particularly worthwhile to post on Instagram or Facebook...


But, I had today. 

And as un-noteworthy as it may have been, it was mine to do with what I was able, hopefully helping a few others along the way.

And, God willing, I get to start again tomorrow.

That, my friends, is a precious gift. And that, my friends, is worth thanking God for.

No comments:

Post a Comment