I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Sunday, January 21, 2018

I Saw God Today

From my own retreat with my Remick classmates in (mostly) sunny Florida this weekend to my students' Confirmation retreat back home today, I feel incredibly blessed to have spent so much time being purposefully and constantly reminded of God's presence and love for each of us.

I saw God in nature - in the sunshine, the wildlife, the sunrises and sunsets...







I saw God in people...
especially my amazing PLC:






And, well, everyone (including my parents who are not pictured here but whom I saw in FL)...

Friday night fun

more Friday night fun

ACE Phoenix forever!

RLP 15 - minus myself and a few others who couldn't come/stay till Sunday

I saw God in the students and faculty of the school we visited and in the Sacraments of the Eucharist and Reconciliation that I was able to receive...




the good old ACE pocket schedule



And, when I got back home, I even saw God in the dreary Midwest weather. I saw Him in the Confirmation students and in those who helped prepare and execute the retreat.

I can see Him because He constantly is seeking us and surprising us...and because I'm on the lookout too.

Now, I'm not going to pretend that this semester is not giving me less than a great deal of anxiety right now - the workload and the fact that I can't quite wrap my head around all of the assignments yet is scary. I know I (and my classmates) can handle it, but I do ask that you keep us in prayer as we embark on this final semester. (I also would appreciate anyone who is willing to check from time to time to make sure I am still coming up for "air"/breaks. Thanks.)

Let's get ready to gear up for Catholic Schools Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment