I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Measure Your Life in Love

"A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles." - Tim Cahill

I thank God every day for the people He has put in my life. And this year has brought many joys and blessings with some pretty wonderful people...

My family...
Detroit Zoo trip - Summer 2017

Leah & Delilah's visit to MI (and to Aunt Marg's)

Friends from church...

Annual trip to St. Louis

Kimm & Alex's wedding

Ozark road trip 2017

Q Bros crew

My volleyball girls and co-coach...




My soon-to-be brother-in-law...

Marisa and Patrick's engagement day

the gang at Wait Wait

My ever-growing ACE family...

visiting northern CA Remick classmates - Nov 2017

2/3 of our ACE PHX house (+ 2 cute kiddos!)

PLC 1 with our fearless leader - summer 2017

PLC 1 post-presentation - summer 2017

Remick 15 - summer 2017

post-missioning Mass - summer 2017

Milwaukee grad school field trip - Sept 2017

reuniting with ACE 15 classmates in Milwaukee

spending time with the current ACE teaching fellows - Oct 2017

San Fran visit - Nov 2017

another reunion with ACE 15 classmates - Dec 2017

school choice talk - ACE 15 representation (Dec 2017)

my ever-growing Remick family

My students...

taught this young man in Phoenix when he was in 4th grade...time flies!
(He found me in the dining hall at ND this summer.)

Confirmation - Feb 2017
honored to be this young lady's sponsor


In a sense, this is my way of thanking everyone who has been a part (large or small) of my life this past year. Thank you for the encouragement, the smiles, the tears, the recommendations, the adventures, and more! I cannot wait to see what 2018 has in store...

No comments:

Post a Comment