I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Monday, July 14, 2014

Give me your tired, your weary...

Tonight at evening Mass I was taken aback when, during the spoken-from-the-heart intercessions that all are encouraged to share, there were many intentions for people who are hurting and broken. I was surprised because on the outside, everyone around here always seems to be smiling and positive. I was surprised because no one ever seems truly sad.

And then I was reminded of the words of Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati: "You ask me whether I am in good spirits. How could I not be so? As long as Faith gives me strength I will always be joyful!"

These intentions I witnessed were offered at Mass, the very foundation of our livelihood and faith. No wonder these people carry on (and carry on so with joy) - their eyes are completely on God. How beautiful, how true.

Thank you, God, for this special insight today. May my eyes remain directed towards You above all else. Amen.

---
Unrelated but worthwhile reading (2 short articles of note):

A) Cardinal Dolan on recent immigration issues

B) "The Virtue of Unread Books"

No comments:

Post a Comment