I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Friday, June 20 & Saturday, June 21 - On Our Way...

The plan for the following blog posts is to type pretty much word for word from my journal (not the notes but my thoughts/reflections), since those entries best captured my reactions and feelings at the time...


Friday, June 20, 2014

Thankfully, the knots in my stomach have untied - not going to lie, I was getting a little nervous and excited. I still don't think it's hit yet - but by this time tomorrow (well, Israel-time) we'll be in the Holy Land, dining on the Sea of Galilee.

Marisa and I are rooming together, so that should be nice. It's so good to share this experience. (And it's a good thing it's a pilgrimage - otherwise we'd be much more prone to bickering.)

I've already met some new people - with a range of ages of all 40 of us, one of the things I am most excited for is the diversity of wisdom and experiences everyone brings to the table. (On a side note, I think that's why I enjoy MOC so much.)

Well, we're about to take off. Here we go...


~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Saturday, June 21, 2014

Operation flight to Tel Aviv...

*to JFK --> started reading "Saints and Social Justice" (more on this amazing book later!)
*to Tel Aviv --> 
     - Marisa's tv wouldn't turn off - temperamental - we had a good laugh
     - I turned on the Lego Movie while Marisa was asleep - when she woke up, she was still partly delirious and couldn't figure out how to turn it off. When she realized what happened, we both started cracking up.
     - Watched "Philomena" & "House of Cards" (episodes 1-4)
     - Got skipped over a few times for food, but they just kept bringing more and more of it. We had dinner, a snack, and then breakfast/lunch

We should be landing in Tel Aviv within the half hour. Then, we'll go through customs and board our bus to our hotel on the Sea of Galilee (where we'll have dinner). It's just like Fr. Ken said - no one's losing weight on this trip. (Ha ha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment