I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Classification: Random Reflection (6-21-14)

Saturday, 6/21/14

I didn't bring much jewelry on this trip, but I did wear my Gospel Roads footprint necklace. It's hard to believe that was 10 years ago.  A lot happened (growth-wise) for me on that trip and then after it too...


I still remember pretty vividly taking the lead in packing/distributing toothpaste and such at the food bank. I also remember going outside the physical fence to speak with people at the homeless shelter. A few other really powerful things on that trip were Reconciliation that brought me to tears as well as a walk with our school's priest (Fr. Greg), where he helped me realize that change/growth comes gradually, even when we would rather have our very own bolts of lightning.

Funny, 10 years later I find myself walking in Jesus' footsteps in a different way - this time I am a pilgrim, not a servant. But I will not complete this journey to the Holy Land without keeping what I learned at Gospel Roads at the forefront of my mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment