I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Gifts

I apologize for letting my negative emotions get the better of me last night.

It's fitting, though, that I was feeling so frustrated because tonight I (while at practice with my 8th graders for their upcoming Confirmation) was reminded that while our students/children are gifted, they are also gifts from God.

Oftentimes, I am guilty of forgetting that. It's easy (as evidenced by yesterday's post) to get swept away in negativity and frustration. But it ultimately all goes back to this idea that we are all gifts of God gifted with talents and other things to use in service of those around us. Gifts are meant to be appreciated, not tossed aside or scorned.

Thanks for that reminder of each life as a gift, Fr. Larry. Sometimes when you're smack dab in the middle of it, you forget what you're looking at...

P.S. I am so excited for Confirmation - it's going to be a beautiful celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment