I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Exuding the Church

This morning I was blessed to head to the hospital for Ministry of Care. While on my rounds, I met one patient (who was probably around 80 years old) and her daughter who were waiting for the pastor of their parish. And what parish was that? Well, it turned out to be mine - St. Clement!

We spoke for awhile - good thing I didn't really have somewhere I needed to go immediately - and it was lovely. We talked of the parish, of my work as a Catholic school teacher, of being Eucharistic ministers... 

As I was getting ready to leave, the woman's daughter remarked, "You just exude St. Clement." (I wasn't sure exactly what she meant, but I'll take it as a compliment, considering we were talking about what a special, warm & welcoming place it is.)

Every time I need renewal in my ministry, God wakes me up...usually through simple conversations.

Thank you, Lord, for my encounters today. Thank you for opening my eyes to your presence in those people to whom I minister at the hospital.

- - - - - - - - - -

On an unrelated (but spring break-related) note, the following series of pictures are the start of what I would like to term "The Olaf Chronicles" - mostly, I take pictures of the stuffed Olaf my sister gave me in different places and message them to her throughout the day. As you can see, I am having a little too much fun with this...

Olaf is really a Spartan fan at heart...

And he likes to hang out with the Bible...at Starbucks...

And, while faced with snow, he likes to dream of summer...and sun...and all things hot...

Rise and shine!

Almost a selfie? (I watched "Frozen" today...)

No comments:

Post a Comment