I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekly Sunday Night Nourishment...And a "Bonus"

Over the past year, I have come to find Mass on Sunday nights to be a most wonderful experience. And when that Mass is the contemplative one complete with candles and meditative music held every third Sunday, then it's even better. Add in a thought-provoking homily by the pastor ("We have run out of wine...What does that have to do with me? (Everything.)" - I guess that I'll save the explanation of that for another time...), and you really can't beat it.

There was one song, in fact, that struck a chord with me so much that I ended up bringing the order of service home with me (and I know my sister did too) so that I may look it up again later.

And I did just that...

I honestly fell in love with this song...so much so that I purchased it in iTunes this morning. So beautiful in both lyrics and music. I even found a link to a video on YouTube to a church singing it, so that I may share it with you today. Please be sure to take time and enjoy it by clicking the video below.



Lyrics (& music) in PDF format may be found by clicking here.

Okay, that's enough gushing about this song from me for now. But I do pray that you allow the words and music to wash over you as you pray for God's loving care.

---

And here's that "bonus" mentioned in today's title of this post - it's a round-up of 3 brief articles and reflections I came across this morning. Consider them a starting (or continuing) point for reflection and thoughtful consideration this afternoon:
  • Colloquy in the Car (Ignatian Spirituality): A short reflection about the potential of finding wisdom and purpose by placing ourselves in God's presence on the ride home
  • Sign of God (America Magazine): A look into the life of Jesuit priest Fr. Joseph Bruce and how he faced the difficulties of growing up deaf but how he now uses sign language to celebrate Mass and the Catholic faith

Didn't know you'd find so much food for thought in one post now, did you?

No comments:

Post a Comment