I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Sunday, June 3, 2012

We've Reached The Final Countdown

4 more days of school to go...and don't forget to tack on the little bit that we will have of Friday, as it will still require getting up before the sun, sharing Mass, and passing out report cards. It's almost time to say goodbye to another school year - and what a good one it was too.

My plan for the week (as far as this blog goes) is to "relive" a few classic and wonderful (or wonderfully wacky!) moments from the year - I sure hope I blogged about them the first time around...

(These are in no particular order, by the way. It just happens to be how I'm remembering some of the events.)

#1 - What's a Whizzpop?

So, for starters on this whole journey of remembering, I'd like to go back to September, when the students were still fresh off of summer break and everything was still new and exciting. It was at that time we began our first literature circle/book club with Roald Dahl's The BFG. Filled with fantastical giants, stories, and sheer adventure, the students really dove right in. You might say we had a whizzpoppin' good time. (And, for awhile, students always got a chuckle whenever someone else mentioned whizzpoppin'.)

Oh, memories...light the corners of my mind...

I think I have a pretty good idea what my #2 is...but that'll have to wait until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment