I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Friday, June 29, 2012

If I Only Took a Trip...Oh wait, I did...


(Think "If I Only Had a Brain" as your tune, and keep repeating it over and over...and over and over...)

In a world that passes too fast,
Where the future soon is the past –
Why don’t we take our time?...
Use some days to just visit –
Not too much to ask, now is it?
Oh, it could be so sublime…

[(spoken) Well, that’s just what Marisa and I did. Allow me to elaborate…]

First in Cleveland, then to Philly
(A place loaded with history),
And then off to Delaware
For a wedding of some ACE friends
With some laughs, some beers, and dancin’
All-around good times to share.

Now that was not the end –
There’s so much more, my friend.
Baltimore was our next destination stop
Down by the bay, we sat and talked.

We almost didn’t make it
To D.C. for our next bit –
But our mom saved the day!
We parked at Union Station,
Learned some cool facts of our nation,
And again were on our way.

We had dinner with long-time friends,
Filled the night with conversations,
And then really hit the hay.
In the morning, it was “goodbyes”-
How true it is - the time flies
When you enjoy the day.

With my Phoenix housemate,
We explored caverns and ate.
There were stalagmites and stalactites galore –
Around each corner, there were more!

In Pittsburgh, there was no doubt that
We’d begun to feel a bit fat
After Primanti Bros. subs.
With the fries and slaw on ‘em
It was really hard to bite ‘em,
But we ate most of our grub.

Our friend was a great tour guide,
But she had class until 9,
So we were on our own.
We opted to walk around
Up the streets and later back down
Till too tired we had grown.

To Ohio we came last,
And there we had a blast
With a friend from school abroad in the UK.
We dined and chatted – what a day!

To Michigan we’ve made it
After our week full of visits.
(I’d take no other way.)
It was worth every minute
(Minus some frustrating tidbits) –
We deserve a big HOORAY!


[Well, I have thoroughly exhausted my creative juices for the evening. I hope this provides a brief glance into our week of travels – there really was no other way to share, unless I went into extreme detail – and, let’s face it, that was not about to happen, as it would have been painful for both you and me.

The internet is being rather slow and difficult, so I will add the pictures later.

Good night!]

1 comment: