I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Monday, June 11, 2012

How did Wiscon sin, boys?

It all began in third grade - a dream that was never fulfilled...until this weekend.

That's right. Nearly 20 years later, I visited Madison, Wisconsin - the capital city on which I did my State Report in Mrs. Bridge's class. (For so many years I felt jilted because we visited the capital city of Michigan on which my sister reported - even though I LOVED the Spartans, I resented Lansing.)


And it was worth it - not only because I learned new things about the capital itself (for example, did you know that Madison's capitol dome is the only granite one in the US?), but also because I got the chance to spend time with a dear friend from college and my sister.


You could say we ate our way around Madison. Highlights included (but were not limited to) a State Street (and Square) stroll, WI cheese curds (fresh/squeaky AND deep fried), WI brewery samples, chat time on "the terrace," brunch at a local establishment, frozen custard, and a look inside the capitol building. Such fun!

The Terrace - outside U of WI student union

Brunch

inside the state capitol building

WI's replica of the Liberty Bell - FUN FACT = every state has one!

Our beer samples

refreshing and good...

Don't worry - I didn't try all of them...

Admittedly, it was difficult to return to school today - we didn't have the students or anything, but sometimes in-service and meetings across grade levels can take it out of you. Only 3 more days until summer really starts...

Woo hoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment