I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weekend Wonders

This weekend was a great decision - spending time with friends and school families in Arizona was incredible - how the students have grown! Time moved on without me - I expected the same students I left, but I was pleasantly surprised instead.

It was weird to be the one who was visiting - only being in town for a brief stay. One parent took the words right out of my mouth - "It just doesn't seem right, you being a 'visitor.'" (And it surely didn't, especially after spending three tremendous years at that very school - but at least I was #1 - see below.)


I will hold so many fond memories from this weekend in my heart - a true blessing. (And I am sure that future blog posts will include reflections on my time out West too.)

This weekend was exactly what I needed. It was everything I could have wanted.

3 comments:

  1. YAY! happy early birthday present to yourself too. ;) i agree that going back is a truly special ordeal. i hope to make it back to kc in may!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember, what happens in Verrado, stays in Verrado! =) We LOVED seeing you and being able to spend time with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your secrets (and craziness) are safe with me. :)

    ReplyDelete