I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Difference in the moment

One of the questions we focused on in tonight's Strengths for the Journey group was this:

"Do you sometimes pause just to notice how God is with you in simple, everyday moments? What difference does this make in your life?

After thinking quietly for a few moments, a memory from this school year made itself very clear. I distinctly remember standing out at recess on a gorgeous fall day - one of those days when the air was crisp and Thanksgiving vacation was drawing near - and I remember having a certain feeling of peace (mixed with satisfaction and joy) wash over me. It was a feeling I felt down to my very core. It was a feeling that made my heart happy. It was a feeling that said, "I am exactly where I should be at this very moment - with these children, with these co-workers, serving God in this capacity."

It was one of those a-ha moments, one of those God moments. And it really gave me some perspective and patience for the rest of that day.

It was a reminder to pause and let God speak to me through the everyday (just like I know He does when I pray the Examen). It makes a difference. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment