I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Do What You LOVE

Today marks the anniversary of the death of a Jesuit leader, Pedro Arrupe. He was a man of great faith, and his prayers and sayings have been quoted and recorded. Here is one of my favorite Pedro Arrupe quotes:

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination,will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love; stay in love,and it will decide everything."




How true these words are!

Try it - think about how you spend your time. Are you doing what you love?

Here's my weekend breakdown...

I love to run...so the first thing I did when I woke up on Saturday and Sunday was to go for a jog.
I love to read...so I caught up on some of the latest young adult fiction on Saturday afternoon.
I love to laugh and celebrate...so when the opportunity for a friend's birthday outing came along, I joined in a for a little bit on Saturday night.
I love to attend Mass...so I went on Saturday night with my sister to my new favorite Church.
I love to watch sports...so I made sure to see Michigan State beat Michigan in basketball this afternoon, and tonight I am heading to some friends' apartment to watch the Superbowl.

...You get the idea...

So, again, I invite you to reflect - What are the things you love? Are you spending your time doing those very things?

No comments:

Post a Comment