I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Saturday Goodness

"It's supposed to hurt - that's how you know it meant something."

In the touring production of Peter and the Starcatcher, this line was spoken by Molly in one of the final scenes. While most of the play is full of great puns (e.g. immediately after Black Stache loses his right hand, Smee answers, "Here I am, I'm your right-hand man, captain" to which the audience responds with a loud groan), slapstick, and one-liners that remind the theatre-goers of Monty Python and the like, the play leaves you feeling that you've just grown up a little - that you've realized some of life's big lessons (like the one stated above).

The tour's just about over - so there's not much you can do now if you haven't seen it (Sorry about that!) - but it was definitely a show worth experiencing. Though mostly a straight play, it does have a few key musical numbers that keep the play moving along. The cast members were terrific, filling the space with few props and big personalities. Truly, it was a delight.

And, to top it all of, we had a miraculously beautiful day in Chicago yesterday - I mean, it was absolutely gorgeous to be out and about strolling downtown...with thousands of other residents and visitors who had the same idea. I'm glad my sister and I made the most of the weather yesterday because today is a complete 180 - rain and plunging temperatures. (Guess we won't see 70 again for awhile...) So, today I've spent most of my time inside - the gym, the blood bank (though my iron level was still too low by just a hair), a brunch place with my sister and her co-workers, and home (working on school stuff) - and tonight will be spent at Palm Sunday Mass (which is one of my absolute favorites of the liturgical year!), which is also inside.

Only 4 days to go this week...but I've got some busy days with the kiddos ahead. Here's hoping we get to Easter quickly...can't wait to see my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment