I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Teachers Got Talent

An opportunity to be ridiculous in front of students and school parents? Bring it on.

Some of my fellow teachers (myself included) did a rendition of Evolution of Dance at the end of tonight's Middle School Talent Show. And it was so much fun! I am so glad I allowed myself to be talked into it.

I'm not a dancer by any means, but I guess I fooled a few people tonight. (Ha ha)

My favorite part was practically being tackled afterwards by some of my 4th grade vball players and some of the 5th graders. (Oh, how I miss that age group!) So darn cute.

On my way home, my mind started wandering, and I got to thinking - how would my students describe me? I think (and I don't think I'm too far off) one of the top words would be "joyful" - and not just happy (because I'm not always happy), but rather rooted in the joy that God loves us and calls each of us to be a sign of His love to others.

They probably all wouldn't say that - some may say I laugh too much or am too hard on them...and those could be pretty accurate too, I suppose.

Ah, well, it's definitely something to think about, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment