I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Friday, November 22, 2013

Camel's Back...

The last thing any teacher wants at the end of a long day and on the eve of parent-teacher conferences is an email saying all lesson plans for the week after Thanksgiving break need to be turned into the office by Tuesday afternoon.

Talk about adding to the stress. Conferences (whether easy or with tension) are tough enough - and so time-consuming to prepare and execute. Ah!

Let's just say that the email/request was almost the straw that broke this camel's back. (As my sister and I concluded yesterday - Does the work ever end? Is it worth it to put up with all the parents and misbehaved students?...)

Well, once I let off some steam, I did find some consolation - since I teach Religion, at least we'll be learning about Advent. So, while I had to do a lot of background research on the topic of Church history (Apostolic Age to present) because I didn't have much of an idea of what happened during that time, I don't have to do quite so much to prepare myself to plan the lessons for this topic. And (thank goodness) I can use some of the same activities across grade levels.

We'll definitely be doing a Jesse Tree...


In the long run, I guess b****ing and moaning doesn't help that much. If anything, I need to remember to stay calm, buckle down, and get it done. After all, it will be better to have those lesson plans finished so I can enjoy Thanksgiving break.

Oh, and plan those 4 mini retreats for our campus too...

No comments:

Post a Comment