I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

THANKSgiving

Favorite holiday weekend of the year has officially started.

Why is Thanksgiving my favorite? Well, aside from the obvious answer of "I love the food," there are many other reasons too: spending time with my family, annual turkey trot (or, in this year's case, a different 5k race), time off from school/work, knowing that Advent starts soon, and many more...

(Plus, it has the word THANKS in it, and that reminds me to thank God for all of His many blessings.)

I also have some favorite holiday traditions that I usually start doing around this time too:

Making turkey apples with my students:


You gotta love seeing Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving (and also his Christmas special)...

And watching holiday movies...

      

It's the time of year to start editing Mom's annual Christmas letter too...

In my classroom, I need to bust out the Advent wreath and calendar (and I need to re-find those favorite online resources)...

And in iTunes, I have to update my Christmas music playlist - I'm resolved to not start playing it until Friday, though...

Yes, it's almost time for "the most wonderful time of the year." (Note, don't click this link unless you're prepared to hear some Christmas music.)

But let's remember to take time this weekend to enjoy our family and express our thanks to God. Don't let this holiday get away from you before getting wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season.

Yes, let us give thanks...for God is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment