I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Simply Saturday

It's 4:40, and I'm already feeling pretty accomplished today.

I was up at 8 for a quick jog at the gym before heading downtown for Ministry of Care. (Didn't see too many patients today, but those I did see were very grateful for a visit.) On my way home, I went via Trader Joe's in order to pick up a few needed groceries (i.e. veggies) and some treats for next week's visitors... (Look what I found, Mom.)

Once at home, I made a quick turn-around and visited my neighborhood GAP store (yes, there was a sale) to pick up a few long-sleeved items to expand my wardrobe ever so slightly. I left a happy customer and came home, where I worked a little on lesson plans for this upcoming week for school.

Later on, I (actually) cooked, following a recipe for quinoa that I found online. (I've made it before, and it is quite tasty!) And, I scored a stack of student reading response notebooks.

Currently, I am watching Notre Dame score some serious points against Wake Forest (and wishing that I could have gone to the game for senior night - but oh well) and finishing up the final touches on an upcoming science assessment.

To top it all off, today's weather was ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS (and felt exactly as Fall should feel), and I got to spend quite a bit of time outside. I also started reading The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom - it is intriguing from its first pages, where it poses many questions about time, how it came about, why we measure it, who Father Time is, etc. So far, the structure of the novel is that it switches back and forth between chapters set in two different times (and with 2 different purposes). I can't wait to read more - and may do just that later tonight.

Hope you're enjoying a relaxing day. Remember, Thanksgiving is just around the corner... Gobble, gobble!

No comments:

Post a Comment