I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

180

Before I even got out of bed, I realized I had already woken up on the wrong side of it - I was cranky, and I hit the snooze button 3 times. It was not looking up to be a very good day.

But how fast things change. Despite the cold weather (OK, I confess I wore my long johns today) and rather rough start to the morning, we had a most cheerful (and busy!) day inside:

The students were hard at work on some independent reading of short stories to kick off our realistic fiction literature circle unit...


My religion group had a rather deep conversation about Jesus' death on the cross and the forgiveness of our sins...


We learned about estimating a range for 2x2-digit numbers...


Students applied new Powerpoint knowledge to create a slideshow about products, prices, and the economy...


Taking turns, students conferenced with us about their saint projects (which are nearly complete!). They also nicely took turns on the classroom computers, as they typed their fiction writing stories...


And, to cap it all off, I left work at 4:30 today - it was still light outside! The gym wasn't too crowded, and I feel like I accomplished a few school- (and not school-) related things when I got home.

I like days that take a 180 towards the better.

Pretty darn good.

Yes indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment