I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Lenten Letters

Lent is always a good time to refocus - to strip away things that are unnecessary and/or keeping us from growing closer to God.

It's also a time to try new things that have the potential to draw us into deeper communion with Him.

Now, I'll be honest up front - I haven't been keeping up with my Lenten promises 100%. ("The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.") Though, there is one aspect of my Lenten promises that I have been very faithful to: letter-writing - one card/note a day, each one addressed to a different person(s). And, honestly, it's been a beautiful, enriching experience for me. (In fact, I've reached out to a few people I haven't even really talked to in a few years!) It's allowed me another avenue through which to pray for others, and it has made me joy-filled to spend a few moments each day thinking on those folks.

Will I keep it up after Lent? Well, I hope to do it in some sense, whether it be a card a week or notes of encouragement for whatever reason. (After all, my mom can't possibly keep the post office in business all by herself; though, she tries really hard!)

Growth, after all, is what we're striving for, right? We gotta keep trying...

No comments:

Post a Comment