I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

God Is Good

God is good.

If you ever doubt that, go to Reconciliation.

Last night was absolutely beautiful - so solemn, so sacred. The lights were dimmed, the candles were lit, the music was meditative, and the homily/reflection was relevant. I was able to sit in Church and pray, tuning out other distractions and noise that I am accustomed to hearing.

While confessing to the priest, I explained how in praying the Examen each night, I have found that the times when I did not act as God would want me to act have been the same. I told him that I want to be able to let go and that one night I hope that won't be what comes to mind when I pray. And, he assured me that one day it won't be.

When I knelt to pray, I honestly felt like something that has been holding me back was lifted. And it was incredible and beautiful. And so, I remained a bit longer, just sitting and listening to the music, letting my eyes wander to the different sacred artwork around the church.

Yes, I'll say it again: God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment