I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Summer is HERE!!!!

As my mom so kindly pointed out to me, it's been a week since I last blogged.

Oops.

I guess you can say I've been a little busy...and you could also say that I didn't feel I had much to say these past few days...because, quite frankly, I was a little frustrated.

Looking back, I don't know why I let the kids' behavior get to me - I mean, why should I, as a teacher, expect students to want to learn up until the bell rings for summer break? I guess it's a little unreasonable - the kids are already checked out and ready to hit the beach...or the hay.

But summer break is finally here - we said goodbye to our students today. We had Mass, a hot dog lunch, an indoor/outdoor World Cup match... It was a lot of fun. But it was hard to believe another year has gone by so quickly...

I'm already thinking ahead to next year - and that's going to be another adventure. I'll be at my same school, but my subjects are a little more mixed up. No longer will I solely be a Religion teacher. Nope, I'll be teaching Religion to 7th and 8th grades, and the rest of my time I will be filling with 6th grade Language Arts/Reading & Homeroom/Advisory.

(Never a dull moment - curve balls are always welcome.)

My classroom is mostly packed up - still need to stack desks, take down a bulletin board, attend some PD, work on school accreditation stuff...

But the end is in sight. By Friday at noon, I'll be walking out the door, handing over all of my keys until mid-August.

Goodbye 2013-2014; Hello Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment