I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Monday, June 2, 2014

3 Bits of Advice

1. Don't take any pictures for the first 3 days of your trip - Remember your purpose: you're a pilgrim, not a tourist.

2. Have one very special intention to take with you on your trip. (And pray about it leading up to the trip too.)

3. Don't buy every souvenir you see.


These were three pieces of advice passed on to me from a friend who recently went on a trip with her Focus group to the Holy Land...which is exactly where I'll be going so very shortly!

The one that sticks out to me the most is #1 - How often do I worry about getting the "right" picture? or, will I be able to share my memorable trip with family and friends back home? or, how will I remember this trip if I don't take any pictures?

And in thinking on these things, I realized how likely I would be to miss the experience of the trip. Yes, pictures are all well and good, but, in the end, it goes back to the original thought posed - Am I a pilgrim or a tourist?

On this trip, I am a pilgrim. And in the greater scheme of life, that's what I am too - a pilgrim on a journey, just trying to get to heaven.

So, I'm going to work on following these suggestions. It's going to be an amazing trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment