I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Friday, January 31, 2014

I'm Lovin' Catholic Schools

Today brought us to the end of Catholic Schools Week with Teacher Appreciation Day. We had a lovely luncheon, but what I found even more meaningful and heartwarming were the poster and notes I received from my students:



student-written poem for all of the teachers
banner from teacher swap


Good thing I don't teach grammar... ;)


I really do teach some great kiddos. Even though we have some rough classes, we make it through. We smile, we laugh, we pray, we keep going...

I am so grateful for a lovely (though short) Catholic Schools Week. 

I <3 Catholic Schools.

Oh, and added bonus (well, I think it's a bonus) - here's a picture of Thursday's sunrise:


Maybe tomorrow I'll take a break from the school work. I have Downton Abbey Season 4 to watch...


Allegiant to read...


Tuesdays with Morrie to preview for my 6th graders...


and, as usual, laundry (joy!) to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment