I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

"Book"-ing it Through 2014

Let the love of reading continue! Thanks to these past 2 snow days, I was able to finish a book I had on loan from the mother of one of my students - The Knight Crusader by Ronald Welch - my first book of 2014!

It's a young adult historical fiction account of the Crusades. On the plus side, I found it a very easy read with lots of action & strong vocabulary usage, and it has great potential for being a read aloud. On the negative side, it's only published in England, so it's a bit more expensive on this side of the pond.

(Might I suggest a friend who has it or the library if you're interested in the series? That's what I did. Worked well.)


Well, it is back to reality tomorrow, so, alas, there will not be quite as much time to read for pleasure. But (as much as it pains me to say it), it will be nice to get back in the swing of things with the students tomorrow. And with the short week, we can ease back into school. (Amen to that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment