I have come to fall in love with teaching in Catholic schools. What are YOU in love with?...

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Pedro Arrupe

Monday, December 9, 2013

Taking Prayer Back

Confession - Though I'm a religion teacher and spend most of my day teaching & discussing Church history, Catholic catechism, and various beliefs, I've been struggling in my own relationship with God...at least prayer-wise...

My prayers have recently felt...well...empty.

And I wasn't quite sure what to do about it.

But this weekend, I decided to get myself started with something new, so I bought a lined notebook and started journaling last night. Having only done this one night so far, it's hard to tell if it works or not. But I can tell you this - it helped me recognize areas in my life this weekend where I found God. And that allowed me to give thanks and reflect.

I am looking forward to continuing this practice through Advent and beyond. I'll let you know how it goes...

1 comment:

  1. I thank God that you were driving and we made it safely through that last little stretch on Lakeshore Drive! :) (and of course thankful that you were my travel buddy)

    ReplyDelete